- FSTE provides an opportunity to network with other professionals who advocate the use of technology in education
- FSTE web site provides accessibility to technology rich resources and support
- FSTE qualify for special discounts for selected technology related publications, software, and hardware purchases
- FSTE members are eligible for Teacher Technology grants
- FSTE regional and local chapters offer free or low cost technology training
- FSTE sponsors the Instructional Technology Teacher of the Year award and the Instructional Technology Leadership award
- FSTE is an organizational affiliate of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) which provides access to a network of educational technology leaders from around the world
- FSTE members always receive a special discount when joining or renewing their ISTE membership. ISTE members can join on Special Interest Group for free and are entitled to a 10% discount on all ISTE-published books.
- FSTE provides opportunities to serve on State, Regional, or Local FSTE Boards or committees.
- FSTE provides the About FSTE annual report
- FSTE provides up-to-date breaking technology News Briefs
- FSTE returns $6.50 of regular membership dues to locals to support grassroot initiatives
FSTE strives to furnish leadership and to foster advances in educational technology. It promotes and supports the development, dissemination, integration, and utilization of instructional technology in education, and works to ensure that these efforts result in the highest-quality use of instructional technology throughout the State of Florida.