Free Edtech PD: ISTE’s Verizon Mobile Learning Academy
As an ISTE affiliate, the Florida Society for Technology in Education is excited to share information about this exciting, free ISTE course for your school or district. We hope that many Florida schools will be able to take advantage of this great opportunity!
ISTE is currently accepting applications for the October cohort of the Verizon Mobile Learning Academy.
The Verizon Mobile Learning Academy (VMLA) is a FREE 10 week course designed and offered by ISTE for school and district teams in the U.S. This course is perfect for schools and districts that:
- - Want to provide an excellent technology integration PD opportunity for some or all of their staff
- - Want to ensure that the technology they currently have is being used in innovative, student-centered ways, or
- - Would like support as they plan a new technology initiative.
In addition to being FREE, here are more great benefits of this program:
- Course materials and activities are online, allowing you to participate in world-class professional learning from your own school campus.
- ISTE provides an experienced Instructional Coach to work with your team and personalize the experience to address the specific questions and needs of your school and team members.
- Everyone who participates receives 2.5 Continuing Education Units (or 25 Continuing Education hours) from Johns Hopkins University.
- The team approach unites administrators, technology specialists/coaches, and educators in their vision for improving teaching and learning with technology.
To learn more, review the details and the course syllabus and/or watch a 10-minute live-cast on Tuesday, Sept 20, 1pm Pacific/4 pm Eastern. Have additional questions? You can also email ISTE's Sherry Bosch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October cohort registrations for your 5-10 person team are due September 21, 2016. Sign up today at http:www.iste.org/vmla.